Resolution Health Support Worker: Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and Girls (MMIWG) Coordinator (Vancouver/Vancouver Coastal Region)
Full-time position for one fiscal year (April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020) with possible continuation depending on funding renewal
Reports to: RHSW Program Supervisor
Work location: Vancouver/Vancouver Coastal Region
Salary Range: $52,000 - $60,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The RHSW MMIWG Coordinator will attend MMIWG committees, meetings, hearings/court and facilitate support services to the MMIWG family members. The services include trauma informed supports, referrals, traditional supports and providing information on other provincial programs/services. The Coordinator must maintain compliance with all IRSSS policies and procedures. Maintains a high level of confidentiality. The services of the work will include occasionally working after hours and accessing on-call resources such as IRSSS Therapists, crisis line workers, and traditional healers to provide crisis response. The work also includes maintaining an up to date monthly, quarterly and annual data base for Van MMIWG statistics. The Coordinator will also perform other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor
Education and Work Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education (BA in the Social Sciences from a recognized university preferred).
- Demonstrated experience providing mental health services to Indigenous families and/or communities.
- Extensive knowledge of mental health community programs services and resources available provincially and provincial issues related to the MMIWG
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and assist with the development and completion of an individually completed wellness plan
- Keep Track, Write and submit reports to funders
- Class 5 Drivers License and reliable vehicle a must
- Ability to travel on short notice which may include occasional travel to remote/isolated communities in BC.
- Personal Wellness Plan
- Criminal Record Check
Salary: Depending on education and experience
Deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019 at 1pm
Please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Please note which position you are applying for
IRSSS Program Supervisor
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A6
Fax: 604.985.0023 Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Note: As per section 41(1) of the BC Human Rights code preference may be given to qualified applicants of native ancestry