Resolution Health Support Worker: Prince George (Part-Time)
The Resolution Health Support Worker (RHSW) will provide counselling and professional, emotional and psychological support to former Indian residential school survivors and their families.
- Provide counselling and professional, emotional and psychological support to former Indian residential school survivors and their families
- Liaise with various other organizations in order to identify claimants in need of support
- Facilitate and coordinate with other support services
- Network with Regional support services and provide regular activity reports
- Facilitate Healing/Wellness and other Mental Health workshops
- Refer to other agencies when appropriate
- Minimum 3 years counseling experience with Aboriginal clients
- BA in the Social Sciences from a recognized university or equivalent education and experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the history and impacts of residential schooling and effective methods for working with survivors
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Must Own Vehicle and Ability to Travel
- Computer literacy, basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Extensive travel will be required by air or vehicle to many communities in BC
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture is mandatory
- Demonstrate a wellness lifestyle and self-care plan
- Must undergo and pass a Criminal Record Check
- Strong organizational, communication and team skills
Term: Part Time Position
Salary: Depending on education and experience
Deadline: July 26 at 12:00 pm (midnight)
Please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Please note which location you are applying for.
Angela White, Executive Director
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A6
Fax: 604.985.0023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with s. 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal Applicants