IRSSS staff are available to present at community forums, schools, post-secondary, and other events.
- Colonialism, History & Impacts of IRS
- Anger Management
- Understanding Trauma
- Traditional Healing and Medicines
For more information or to make a request, please fill out the form below.
*Please note the following requirements for presentations:
- As our workshops are free of charge, we do accept donations for these requests – Make cheques payable to Indian Residential School Survivors Society. These donations go towards Elders Program and travel to remote communities that are unable to afford these requests.
- If you are able to provide and cover the Honorarium fee that cost is $250.00 for a full day or $125.00 for half day
- Given the limited staff, please outline pre-and post-conference needs with timelines for requests so that we may assess the presentation request appropriately. This could include: abstracts, photos, PPT presentations (if needed in advance, provide one month’s notice), conference planning meetings, contracts, etc.
- We are honoured when we receive gifts from hosting organizations. In the occasion that a larger gift is presented, please make arrangements with the Caring Society office to ship it.
- If the hosting organization cancels a booked event, they will be required to give two weeks notice, and cover all travel expenses, including a $250 fee. If a cancellation is made within two weeks leading up to the event, the hosting organization must provide full reimbursement as required as well as the full speaker’s fee.