Indian Day School Coordinator (IDSC)
FULL TIME TERM POSITION Northern Interior, Williams Lake
(Term is dependent on renewal of funding)
As a health and wellness organization, the IRSSS has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021 (and FNHA). We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at IRSSS. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
The Indian Day School Coordinator (IDSC) will assist clients through the claim process & is responsible for ensuring that IDS claimants, who are resolving their IDS Settlement Process can have access to an appropriate level of mental health counseling and emotional support services that would allow the claimant to safely address a broad spectrum of mental health issues related to the disclosure of Indian Day school abuses. In addition to ensuring the safety of IDS claimants, the IDSC will endeavor to build relationships with key stakeholders and communities in an effort to promote a greater understanding of IDS Settlement Process.
- Assist with application process
- Provide frontline professional, emotional and psychological support to claimants during processes
- Liaise with various parties in order to identify claimants in need of support
- Facilitate and coordinate with other support services
- Network with Regional support services and provide regular activity reports
- Facilitate Healing/Wellness and other Mental Health workshops
- Minimum 2 years counseling experience with Aboriginal clients
- Prefer BA in the Social Sciences from a recognized university or equivalent education and experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the history and impacts of the Indian Day School and effective methods for working with IDS survivors
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Must Own Vehicle and Ability to Travel
- Computer literacy, basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Extensive travel will be required by air or vehicle to many communities in BC
- Occasionally, flexible work hours are required to accommodate evening and weekend clients.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture is mandatory
- Demonstrate a wellness lifestyle and self-care plan
- Must undergo a Criminal Record Check
- Strong organizational, communication and team skills
Full Time Position (Northern Interior - Williams Lake)
Depending on education and experience
Jan. 21, 2022 or until filled
Please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Preference may be given to qualified applicants of aboriginal ancestry as per s. 41 of the BC Human Rts Code
Angela White, Executive Director
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A6
Fax: 604.985.0023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Please indicate position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.