COORDINATOR - MMIWG2S
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls and Two-Spirit People
Regions: Northwest (1), Interior (1), Vancouver Coastal (1)
As a health and wellness organization, the IRSSS has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021 (and FNHA). We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at IRSSS. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
The Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women’s program is aimed at supporting the families of missing and murdered Indigenous women, girls and two spirit. The program will provide supports and community delivered services to the family members and link affected women, girls and two spirit and families to the necessary resources they require. This will include traditional supports and information provision within the province to ensure families and loved ones are supported.
- Provide direct assistance to MMIWG2S families
- Develop a listing and connect families with counseling and supports
- Provide and connect families to other related services in their communities
- Coordinate and share information with multiple
- Collect, compile, and analyze program and client statistical data and periodic and special
- Coordinate and implement office administrative
- Network and promote IRSSS MMIWG and other programs in a professional manner
- Provide MMIWG workshops or presentations in the community or attend MMIWG Events as requested
- All other related tasks and duties as
- SW Degree preferred or post-secondary diploma/degree in Social Sciences, Indigenous Studies, Women’s Studies
- Minimum 3 years counseling experience with Aboriginal clients or a minimum three (3) years’ work experience in community service delivery in a project coordination role.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and an ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge and awareness of Indigenous Protocols in communities required
- Extensive knowledge of issues related to the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Inquiry and Violence Against Indigenous Women Sectors. Proven experience in and knowledge of victims’ issues surrounding violence.
- Solution oriented with proven analytical and problem-solving
- Knowledge of and relationships with service agencies, ability to network and create/maintain these
- Experience coordinating and facilitating workshops
- Strong organizational/time management/and Interpersonal skills with an ability to plan and meet objectives
- Working knowledge of MS Office Software, internet, and general office
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle with the ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Provide a current vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check and proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Term: Full Time Positions available to March 2024.
Competitive Salary (We have an excellent employer paid Health benefits and 50/50 Savings Plan)
Full Time Position (!!!)
Depending on education and experience
Nov.15, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Please indicate in the subject line which position and region you are applying for.
Preference may be given to qualified applicants of aboriginal ancestry as per s. 41 of the BC Human Rts Code
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.