MMIWG COORDINATOR (FULL TIME)
(MMIWG) THREE (3) TERM POSITIONS located at:
(NORTHWEST) (INTERIOR) (FRASER VALLEY)
- Coordinate and implement office administrative procedures.
- Carry out administrative activities associated with the position.
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence.
- Provide direct assistance to support staff to increase and maintain capacity and competence in service delivery, program administration and reporting.
- Develop a listing of trauma informed counseling and supports including traditional services.
- Provide training on Indigenous trauma informed care.
- Provide and connect families to trauma informed services in their communities including traditional services.
- Coordinate and share information with multiple stakeholders.
- Collect, compile and analyze program and client data;
- Prepare and submit reports, quarterly and as required.
- Network and promote IRSSS and the programs and adhere to professionalism at all times.
- Support, promote and encourage IRSSS’ and the programs mandates and purposes.
- All other related tasks and duties as assigned.
- SW Degree preferred or post-secondary diploma/degree in Social Sciences, Indigenous Studies, Women’s Studies or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years counseling experience with Aboriginal clients or a minimum three (3) years’ work experience in community service delivery in a project coordination role.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Must Own Vehicle and have the ability to Travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated self-confidence and an ability to follow through on assigned duties independently within strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Not-for-Profit organization program delivery.
- Knowledge of Indigenous Culture, Traditions, and Indigenous Community.
- Extensive knowledge of issues related to the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Inquiry and Violence Against Indigenous Women Sectors.
- Proven experience in and knowledge of victims’ issues surrounding violence.
- Strong awareness of issues affecting Indigenous women and their families and awareness of Community resources provincially.
- Solution oriented with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and relationships with other service agencies, ability to network and create/maintain these relationships.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating workshops.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Software, internet, and general office equipment.
- Extensive travel will be required by air or vehicle to many communities in BC
- Must undergo and pass a current vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check
3 FT Term Positions. Positions until 31/03/22 and likelihood of possible extension
Depending on education and experience
Dec 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m
Please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Preference may be given to qualified applicants of aboriginal ancestry as per s. 41 of the BC Human Rts Code
Angela White, Executive Director
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A6
Fax: 604.985.0023 Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Please indicate the location of the position you are applying for in the Subject line of your email: i.e. MMIWG – Fraser Valley