PAYROLL COMPLIANCE PRACTITIONER (PCP) certification
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION (to March 31, 2023 (VANCOUVER REG) with the possibility of permanent replacement
As a health and wellness organization, the IRSSS has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021 (and FNHA). We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at IRSSS. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
The IRSSS Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) is a temporary full-time position to fill in for staff on leave. The role includes the oversight of the support and delivery of IRSSS payroll. As part of the Finance Department, the Payroll Compliance Practitioner performs a critical function within the organization and is responsible for the preparation and review of payroll and other financial related documents.
The PCP plays a critical function within the organization and is responsible for all the duties related to processing, reporting, accounting for, analyzing, and reconciling payroll and benefits for the Society’s employees. This position produces detailed payroll reports for internal and external users, and is the primary payroll resource within the organization providing recommendations for system improvements.
- Solid understanding of Payroll Management
- Good interpersonal skills – This position communicates with governmental and regulatory bodies, such as the CRA, WorksafeBC, benefit carriers, and auditors.
- Internally this position works closely with Directors, Supervisors and front line staff.
- Knowledge of aboriginal culture, and history is an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Must Own Vehicle and have Ability to Travel is desired.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Stress & time management skills, strong organizational, communication and team skills
- Must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Temporary Full Time Position - 35 hours a week (North Vancouver)
$45,000 to $50,000 per annum. Benefits include employer paid health and life insurance. In addition, there is a disability insurance, a group savings plan, vacation, wellness and cultural days.
Friday, Feb 25, 2022 at 4:00 pm, or until filled
Please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Paul Plater, Chief Financial Officer
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver BC V7M 1A2
Fax: 604.985.0023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Preference may be given to qualified applicants of aboriginal ancestry as per s. 41 of the BC Human Rts Code