Resolution Health Support Worker (RHSW)
FULL TIME POSITION Northern Interior, Williams Lake
(Term is dependent on renewal of funding)
As a health and wellness organization, the IRSSS has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021 (and FNHA). We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at IRSSS. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
The Resolution Health Support Worker (RHSW) will provide counselling and professional, emotional and psychological support to former Indian residential school survivors and their families.
- Provide counselling and professional, emotional and psychological support to former Indian residential school survivors and their families
- Liaise with various other organizations in order to identify claimants in need of support
- Facilitate and coordinate with other support services
- Network with Regional support services and provide regular activity reports
- Facilitate Healing/Wellness and other Mental Health workshops
- Refer to other agencies when appropriate
- Minimum 2 years counseling experience with Aboriginal clients
- BA in the Social Sciences from a recognized university or equivalent education and experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the history and impacts of Indian Residential School and effective methods for working with survivors
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Must Own Vehicle and Ability to Travel
- Computer literacy, basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Extensive travel will be required by air or vehicle to many communities in BC, some remote
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture is mandatory
- Demonstrate a wellness lifestyle and self-care plan
- Must undergo a Criminal Record Check
- Strong organizational, communication and team skills
Full Time Position (Northern Interior - Williams Lake)
Depending on education and experience
Jan. 21, 2022 or until filled
Please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Angela White, Executive Director
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A6
Fax: 604.985.0023 Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Please indicate position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
In accordance with s. 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry – please self-identify in your cover letter and indicate position sought