RHSW Administrative/Scheduler Assistant
FULL TIME POSITION – Vancouver
As a health and wellness organization, the IRSSS has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021 (and FNHA). We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at IRSSS. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support services for the Indian Residential School Survivors Society (IRSSS) Senior Manager of the Resolution Health Support Worker Program (Provincial).
- Responds to information requests
- Assist Senior Manager & Programs by scheduling RHSWs & keeping a calendar update
- Books travel arrangements of RHSW Program staff
- Fax, email, photocopies, documents and performs other clerical duties
- Organizes meetings, makes inquiries, and compiles meeting packages
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication
- Creates and maintains the filing system for Senior Manager as needed
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office
- Assist Senior Manager & Programs with filing of IRSSS reporting stats, financial and general correspondence
- Other duties as requested.
- Minimum of Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in working in a First Nation's service delivery organization
- Computer literacy, moderate level of computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Well versed in taking meeting minutes, organizing meetings, schedules, meeting packages, and organizing and enhancing correspondence as required
- Valid BC Driver’s License, must own vehicle and have ability to travel
- Computer literacy, basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture is mandatory
- Analytical problem solving and the ability to be flexible and work on various tasks throughout the day
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office environment
- Detail orientated, organized, follow direction, prioritize, and demonstrate professional initiative
- Diplomacy, tact, and confidentiality in dealing with a variety of people and information. Good judgement must always be exercised
- Demonstrate a wellness lifestyle and self-care plan
- Must undergo a Vulnerable Criminal Record Check
Full Time Position-Vancouver
Depending on education and experience, Employer paid benefits plan and 50/50 Savings Plan
Please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Please note which location you are applying for.
Preference may be given to qualified applicants of aboriginal ancestry as per s. 41 of the BC Human Rts Code
Angela White, Executive Director
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A6
Fax: 604.985.0023 Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.