FULL TIME POSITION (VANCOUVER REG)
Full Time Position - 35 hours a week. (Vancouver Downtown)
Range $65k to $70k per year, and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, which include employer paid health, life insurance and disability, a group savings plan and generous leave entitlements (including annual vacation, wellness and cultural days).
Thursday, January 13, 2023 at 4:00 pm
The Senior Accountant is a full-time position. The role includes the support and delivery of IRSSS financial services including financial management, financial reporting and analysis, payment processing and general accounting in accordance with policies, procedures, legislation, and generally accepted accounting principles.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations of the Finance Department including: management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, reconciling general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries, assisting with the preparation and review of financial statements, preparing working papers and ensuring compliance with the Society's contracts, remittances and filing requirements.
- Two to five years of accounting experience in a multi-department, multi-funder environment.
- Experienced with Quickbooks Online and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated use of good professional judgement.
- Experience in a non-profit organizations an asset.
- CPA or CAFM designation or working towards designation is desired.
- Knowledge of aboriginal culture, and history is an asset.
- High level of working experience and knowledge of Excel to create and maintain complex spreadsheets for tracking and reconciliation purposes.
- Preparing general ledger account and class coding (for each program) and ensuring appropriate support documentation.
- Reconciling invoices to vendor statements. Ensuring appropriate authorization for payments.
- Data entry of each invoice into the Accounts Payable module of QBO.
- Creating complex spreadsheets and summarizing billings.
- Other duties as needed.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Stress & time management skills, strong organizational, communication and team skills
- Must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Please send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
413 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A6
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Pursuant to s. 41 of the Human Rights. Act, preference may be given to Aboriginal Applicants